Sunday, November 9, 2008

Interview With Drawzilla from Hoodgrownonline.com



Aaight, so I know all my D.I.T.C. nerds have already seen the pre-release track listing and production credits for their new album "The Movement". One thing I'm sure they noticed was that a cat named Drawzilla has managed to score quite a few songs for the legendary crew's latest opus; something that is very deserving of praise considering that D.I.T.C. is composed of the illest producer's ever.

If your like me then you know the name Drawzilla sounds semi-familiar, but overall it's a mystery. Well, the good people over at Hoodgrown magazine have done the ignorant and inquiring minds of the Hip-Hop production world a huge favor in sitting down with Mr. Zilla and locking things up a bit. Here's their interview with Zilla in it's entirety, forward included.

-BIG D O



Perseverence is this man’s motto. Confidence in your talent, sticking to the script but using new ways to get your point across are all ways this super producers has furthered his career and gotten his name out there in the music industry. Im speaking of the multi talented Drawzilla. With a new mixtape hosted by Bedtyme357, ‘Zilla’s World’ Vol 2, Drawzilla is in a position to take the listeners on a journey through his world to experience a new sound.


Whats good Drawzilla? You have been a busy body since we last spoke. Whats been going on?

Very busy, wrappin up my album/mixtape called Zilla’s World: the mixtape vol 2 hosted by Bedtyme 357 droppin NOV 11th, runnin my pro tools studio for clients, working with my artists, and selling records.

Lets talk about your up and coming release ‘Zilla’s World’ Vol 2 Hosted by Bedtyme357, who is featured on it and how does it differ from Vol 1?

I have Sic Osyrus, Jae Millz, E Ness, Priscilya Marie, Nature, Sha Stimuli, Esso, 2ew Gunn Ciz, etc etc on it. I have much stronger records than vol 1 and have a wider range of music. I also threw the Mariah remix I produced f/ LL Cool J, “Lovin you long time ”

You have had a stellar year thus far, you must feel great. Let’s start with your winning the Emerging Producer of The Year at The UMA’s, talk about that experience and how it felt to get recognized by your peers for your talent.

I was shocked to even win the award. I had no idea what the outcome would be. Its a honor to be recognized because I can see my hard work has payed off over the years. To be honest, the day of the event, I was more excited about networking than winning an award. Once I received it, I realized networking is what got me here. I m definetly thankful and blessed.

Now immediately after ‘Zilla’s World’ you have another big release with the new D.I.T.C. album , you produced 3 cuts on that and I hear more is in the works, how did you link with the legendary Showbiz and how is this project helping your overall awareness?

I met Show thru D Flow which is a member of AG’s crew GET DIRTY and he’s D.I.T.C. I ve known him for years but we linked back up at a producer showcase downtown. He invited me to the studio that Premo and Show work out of, which is the old D & D studios for a listening session. They were releasing this compilation album and needed tracks. A week later, I received a call saying they were interested in recording with me. So …. I have 3 records on the album droppin NOV 18th … its entitled THE MOVEMENT !! Look for it !

Now aside from the new tape, the DITC project, you’ve been very big in the street on various mixtapes and the site audio posting, seems like your name is everywhere, who else have you worked with and what record that you did this year do you feel made the biggest impact on your exposure level?

I’ve worked with Remy Ma, CL Smooth, AG, etc etc but the biggest record I did this year was definetly the remix of Mariah Carey’s “Lovin you long time” featuring LL Cool J. Once the blogs got a hold of it, my name was everywhere.

As a producer why is it so important to promote yourself in todays music industry landscape?

The game is saturated right now. Everyone understands that record companies don’t sign acts based on how hot ya music is. Its all about creating a significant buzz and having great records behind it. I have to act as if I ve hired a publicist, manager etc to ,as they say, ” GET HOT ” ! So .. I challenge myself a lil and create ways of drawing interest in what I do. I just returned from Miami and made a small video trailer of my trip and included my own music from the mixtape in it. You can get a visual of my daily routines and get hot records attached to it. Nowadays you have to be creative, the climate demands that !

Im sure you know the value of a relationship by now, how do you work with others to utilize each to the fullest extent for all parties involved?

First off, I come off as an easy person to get along with because I am. I remain humble and passionate about my craft. Some folks try so hard to fit it. I don’t !! I m myself and don’t fall victim to the quote ” INDUSTRY ” … I enjoy my work so when I run across talent, I admire and respect that. There are no secrets. I just make myself accessible and try and work closely with the artists, execs, other producers, etc !

Whats next on Drawzilla’s plate for the rest of 08 and what does 09 look like so far?

I m focused on making great records, that’s all. My long term goals have nothing to do with music lol. I love what I do, so I remain persistent and create opportunities for myself. When I wake up and make my phone calls or emails, that’s what’s on my plate. Hopefully, I ll have a smash that’ ll move mountains lol!

How can someone make a serious production inquiry in regards to Drawzilla?

Hit me up at .. or .. Imgdrawzilla@gmail.com

Where can fans find you online?

You can google Drawzilla or www.myspace.com/Drawzilla and youtube, blogspot, stickam, etc !

Any last shouts or plugs?

Shout out to J Hatch, Bedtyme 357, Jontell, Khadejia, Sic Osyrus, Priscilya Marie, and Dejha B !

http://hoodgrownonline.com/drawzilla-2.html

No comments:

Labels