Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Video: Cam'ron - I Hate My Job



Brand new joint from Killa that is somethin' like my personal anthem right now.......Many of us know all too well what it's like to be stuck in a dead end job that we hate, the pains of fruitless job searches and disconnected interviews with asshole employers, but few rappers have ever ventured out of their made up, ultra paid images to ever capture that whole, real- life grind as well as Cam has here. LOL @ that man using his mom as a job recommendation....sadly my resume also possesses the same motherly co-sign. Just thought I'd share that with you good people, lol....

The vid is mad interesting and who doesn't love a scene with a fine shorty chiefin' on a blunt before she clocks in, but the message is real. I identified a lot with the interview scenes too......Yes, I've had many an employer beef with my appearance and I was going to interviews in collared shirts and ties, not leather vests and beanies. It's actually a common practice for a lot employers to treat us minority males like shit in interviews, but that's another blog......I must digress before I get goin'.....

"I Hate My Job" is more than just "recession raps" and complaining about an un-desirable occupation. Understand that Cam is speaking up for a lot of us in the working class sector of America that feel and have felt for years like we're getting shorted and our work isn't appreciated. In essence this video and song is exactly what more rappers should be rhyming about now, but aren't....the relatiblity here is reminiscent of Skee Lo's "I Wish".....while you listen, you just nod your head, laugh and smile. "I Hate My Job", just like "I Wish", makes the harsh realities of today seem a lil' more bearable.

Who woulda thunk it huh? After all the turmoil that is currently surrounding the embattled Harlemlite at the moment and with the in-fighting occurring between him and his Dipset brethren at a peak, here he is making the kind of music that revived his career back in the early 2K's....Real spit over a sped up soul sample...Do what ya do Cam....

-BIG D O

No comments:

Labels