Monday, January 4, 2010

News: Kanye West's 2010 Declaration




I never really Rarely do I report on this cat...Everyone familiar with PHH knows I steer clear of the BS that infects Hip-Hop and although I've praised Mr. West highly for actions like speaking against George W. during Katrina and some of his production capabilities early in his career, to me he's still the guy that massively popularized walkin around dressed like this...

LOL, all personal attacks aside, I can't front, whether we like it or not Ye' was a figure head for Hip-Hop this past decade by virtue of sales and popularity. Let's face it, it wasn't all bad in the 2K's...in fact some of what he contributed to the culture was pretty damn good...

In any case, Mr. Rose posted up a lil' statement that's been making the rounds on the net and for the first time in a long time I can actually feel what he got to say....The Gil Scott Heron remark was absolutely true and his observation about us now having our own outlets is pretty astute too. His promises of new music that'll be great fall on deaf ears ova here I'm afraid, but I wish this man the best

-BIG D O

1 comment:

Jordan23Shoes said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Labels