Sunday, June 14, 2009

News: After Release From Incarceration Ras Kass Is Hopeful



A little over a month has passed since Ras Kass was released from his latest stint in a correctional facility. Unbeknown to many of his fans of course....

The often troubled, former Capitol Records artist had previously done a bid for a probation violation and before that was famously on the lamb for an extended period of time as well...Today, however Ras seems to be thinking a lot more positively. "I’m kinda numb, evidently happier and appreciative", commented the rapper about his new found solace. Apparently Ras is now seeking a college degree and while he admits that rapping might take a little bit of a back seat to his new goals none of his fans need assume that he's calling it quits anytime soon....

"It’s my passion", said Ras....."I’m not retired, it’s just I have to reassess, even before this situation happened, what needs to be done. Some of my s**t, [people] are just gonna have to rediscover it. If we talking about body of work, as a solo artist, 16 bars, three verses per song: dude, I’ve said some s**t! And I don’t get the same credit that the more known people get. The goal is 90% business and 10% music. If the business isn’t right, the music’s always gonna suffer.”

-BIG D O

No comments:

Labels