Friday, November 5, 2010

Interview: Immortal Technique For TheWellVersed.com



























As always Tech is on point with his analysis and pulls absolutely no punches about the current state of the record industry. Also, we get a lil' bit of news about his much anticipated "Middle Passage" record that we been waitin on for a good year or two now...Anthony Springer Jr. conducts a dope interview here...dive in...

-BIG D O


TheWellVersed: When I listen to a lot of stuff available commercially right now, as catchy as the beat or hook might be, it feels like we’re regressing. We’re seeing a resurgence of drug use in rap. Do you feel like a lot of this is counterproductive?


Immortal Technique:  People do live that life; a lot of people who rhyme don’t live that life. You can make slick metaphors about shooting people or kilos but that doesn’t describe what it is to be a hustler. I’m not going to act like I was a drug dealer, but my exposure to that side of the world let me understand the differences to know what it’s like when one of my people says I can’t do this. I sold crack to a pregnant woman. My man was hurt about that. Why? Because he’s a fucking human being. At the end of the day, let’s stop pretending we’re not human beings; you want to be a big scary individual? You want to see a man cry like a baby, call him up and tell him you’ve got his kid hostage and you’re going to cut his fingers off every minute you don’t get your money.

Read the full interview here 

No comments:

Labels