Thursday, June 5, 2008

DJ Honda - Remixes



I thought I was the authority on everything DJ Honda has dropped, I mean I was up on the "Underground Connection" album that he did wit PMD before everyone else, I had all the albums, the 12's and I knew about the "Reason" soundtrack.....I thought I knew pretty much everything concerning the far east's version of DJ Premier....I was wrong. Previously I never knew about this LP (I guess it's an LP) that I'm betting was originally released only on vinyl. "Remixes" is a collection of some of the mid-nineties illest cuts over Honda's excellent and undrratted boom-bap production. I always have enjoyed Honda's beats man, duke always brought some ill, aggressive, NY, Boom Bap, ruff rugged shit yaheman...and he really showcases his abilities on this joint as well. Some of these remixes I'm sure many of you will of already heard, but some might have snuck by you as well. I personally think some of these remixes are better than the originals (see the "I'm Kurious" remix...he fuckin smashed that yo!) but I digress, you'll have to peep this 11 track piece of head nodding production goodness for yaself. Also for all the big time Honda heads that are wondering what he's been up to since real hip-hop in NY got bodied, check out snippets of his new album on his myspace...shits are insane...especially the Sean Price and Keith Murray joints, but their all ill, can't wait for that album, here's his address: www.myspace.com/djhonda

-BIG D O

1 Intro (O.F.S. "Scratch") (0:42)
2 Common - Resurrection (4:25)
3 Fat Joe - The Shit Is Real (4:34)
4 Cypress Hill - Insane In The Brain (5:05)
5 DJ Honda - Out For The Cash (Remix) (6:08)
6 Beatnuts - Are You Ready (3:50)
7 Da Brat - Funkdafied (3:48)
8 Nas - World Is Yours (5:15)
9 Kurious - I'm Kurious (4:51)
10 Fugees - Nappy Heads (4:48)
11 Doctor Dré & Ed Lover - Back Up Off Me (4:39)

http://rapidshare.com/files/63199858/DJ_Honda_Remixes.zip

No comments:

Labels