Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Almighty - Original S.I.N. Mixtape




Just when summer time couldn't get any hotter in the big apple, some of New York's illest underground heads go and form a super group and drop a brand new mixtape, with promises of later dropping an album. The Men I speak of are Killah Priest, C Rayz Walz, Bronze Nazereth, M-Eighty, Son One and 5 Star. Together they are "Almighty" or "The Almighty 6" to be more exact. And, they have sort of hap hazardly slapped together some of their material, (mostly individual and group stuff) to gear up their fans for their forthcoming group album, which will also be called "Original S.I.N.". Offering up mixtapes for free has become tricky business in the hip-hop game. Often times artists either give too little, or too much, yielding disappointed fans either way, and destroying future promo endeavors. I would've liked to have seen more exclusive stuff on here, but what are ya gonna do? I know that these guys are gonna bring the heat, so I guess this will have to do. Personally I'm a huge Killah Priest fan, and Bronze is one of the best new producers out there yo...that's the main reason I'll be checking for this joint and the album. I guess I'm slippin on my underground shit, because "Son One" and "5 Star" don't ring a bell in my mental Rolodex. I am familiar with C Rayz Walz and his music however. I never realy liked his shit like that. He's a good battle rapper, but I usually hate his production choices and he can get annoying quick, he hasn't made an album that i've ever bumped consistently. I do think he'll shine on this though, mainly because whenever he gets up with Wu-Tang cats or Wu affiliates he's done real well. If you don't believe me check his verses on that Wu-Tang Vs. Indie Culture LP. After skimming thru this I think most heads will enjoy it. It's not spectacular, but it's not bad...It does a lot to build your anticipation though. Bronze and Killah definitely came through in the areas that I wanted them to on this though. Be sure and check out the original "Gun 4 Gun" Remix that is included on here, most people missed that joint when it first dropped on mixtapes a couple years back. Killah Proest and Nas really did they thing on that one man, word up. I would also say to check out "Posse Cut" and "The Almighty"; they are the only two joints that really seemed to include the whole group together. This is a strong effort and it definitely leaves the listener wanting to hear some more from these guys as a collective. They successfully straddled that line between giving away too little, and too much....

-BIG D O


http://burnupload.ihiphop.com/download.php?id=31664A401

No comments:

Labels