Monday, May 14, 2007

DJ Honda- DJ Honda



Okay, when heads put together their underground survival pack for that 30 hour bus trip to aunt Charlegne's crib this album definitely has to be in there. I have officially decided to coin this album an official "International underground classic" due to the immense amount of great shit on here, during the year 1996 (what many would recall as the begining of the end in good hip-hop) I really wasn't familiar with any of Honda's stuff, but i had read a few articles about the noise he was making in New York. Ironically the first joint off this album that I heard was "Straight Talk From NY" featuring Brand Nubian brothers Sadat X and Grand Puba. I was immediately interested in picking the album up. I proceeded and coulden't have been more amazed when I also discovered that Honda also dabbled in a lot of the production for the album. With other contributions coming from Redman, The Alkaholiks, Al Tariq, Sean Black and Biz Markie I would find it hard for anyone interested in hearing great hip-hop to turn away from this classic.

-Dominick L.

1. Intro

2. DJ Battle

3. What You Expected

4. Kill the Noize

5. Dat's My World

6. Straight Talk from NY

7. Intro

8. Out for the Cash

9. Interlude

10. Biz Frestyle

11. Fuk Dat

12. International Anthem

13. The End

14. Out for the Cash (5 Deadly Venoms)

15. What You Expected (Intrumental)

http://rapidshare.com/files/31167705/_1996__DJ_Honda.rar.html

No comments:

Labels