Friday, May 11, 2007

Steele (Of Smif N Wessun ) - Amerikkka's Nightmare



For a long time the Boot Camp Clik defined great underground hip-hop and truthfully if your still up on your stuff, they still do...one of the greatest underground acts ever arguably is Smif and Wesson. Their raw form of boom bap was one of my favorite things to blast outta my whip and while doing so, I would notice just how underrated they were...enter in Steele, in my opinion a much stronger MC then Tek, and the one who probably always struggled to have his message heard within the confines of the often recited "gun talk" and buddha smoke that frequently dominated the duo's rhymes. That's why this tape is a can't miss. It's a lot more than what I expected and I think this is most likely one of the few times Steele had full creative control of his project and it doesen't surprise me that due to that fact, this tape has more of an urgent and political Dead Prez feel to it content-wise. Smart, bold and right on track with the major issues facing the urban and black community at the moment, Steele's Amerrikkka's Nightmare embraces more responsibility than his past offerings and at the same time is still capable of keeping his most loyal fans happy...

-Dominick L

1. Intro

2.Me & My Son,

3. What I Gotta Do,

4.Black On Black,

5.Poverty,

6.Okay,

7. Nigga Skit,

8.Amerikkka’s Nightmare,

9.No Love,

10.Moove,

11. N.W.A.,

12.Pain,

13.Where Da Hoods,

14.Guns & Drugs,

15.Come Out & Play,

16.Nice guy,

17.Blood & Sweat,

18. Who’s Gangsta,

19.Life,

20.Black On Black – Acappella

21. Poverty – Acappella,

22.Niggas – Acappella,

23.Where Da Hoods At?

http://rapidshare.com/files/28654775/steele_-_amerikkkas_nightmare__2004_.rar

No comments:

Labels