Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Night To Remember: Barack Obama Accepts The Democratic Nomination To Become The President Of The United States Of America

Photobucket

Tonight was simply history....Like millions of other Americans I watched in Awe as Barack Obama became the first African American to accept the Democratic nomination in my surrogate hometown of Denver, CO. He spoke eloquently and boldly while bringing many in the crowd to tears with his riveting speech and imperishable accomplishment. I've been a supporter of Barry's for awhile so I guess I'm bias, but nevertheless I must say that I thought that Senator Obama was magnificent. He answered his naysayers, he quelled his detractors and more than anything he showed a nation that if they believe in themselves they can in fact, create a real change. It was only fitting that it was forty eight years ago today that Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his "I Have A Dream" speech in Washington D.C.. A speech and a "Dream" that would forever change the way that millions of people looked at race, politics and the world. Today, the great King is surely smiling down on one Barack Obama, who's speech will surely be remembered for years to come as well.

-BIG D O

No comments:

Labels