Wednesday, December 10, 2008

DJ JS-1 - Over A Decade Of 100% Hip-Hop



I think when it comes to DJing amongst other things, especially within Hip-Hop, there is but one crew that exemplifies the rawest skills, execution and respect you can attain. The Rock Steady Crew is just about as ill as it gets when it comes to this game and set the standard over 20 years ago.....Here we have one of their shining son's from the post-1991 revival; DJ JS-1, droppin' a brand new mix that is guaranteed to be a fan favorite for years to come. Not only is it jam packed with the type of real, unabridged Hip-Hop that JS-1 frequently creates and aligns himself with, but it also features many of his razor sharp productions as well.

Many times when I put up tapes, mixes or whatever I have only the music to tell me what to say about the project. However this time I can speak from the first hand experience of seeing JS-1 rock a crowd via his expert cuts and dynamic scratching. Yes, I brag, I boast, I brag, I boast...I saw JS earlier this year at a lil' hole in the wall music club/bar in my town, rockin' with another Rock Steady Crew member and legend, Rahzel. It as amazing no doubt, but the thing that really has stood with me over time is how even though there wasn't a huge crowd it felt like that there was 2,000 people in that bitch because of how hype everyone got for JS's DJ set. Do yaself a favor and pick up the Queens, New York turntablist vet's newest offering.

-BIG D O





1 - Ventilation - Scratch Intro
2 - Chorus Line - C-Rayz Walz
3 - Nowadayz - Evidence and Pep Luv
4 - While I’m Dancin’ - Common
5 - Truth - Breez Evahflowin
6 - What Am I? Part 1 - Masta Ace
7 -Flying Guillotines - C-Rayz Walz & Akrobatik
8 - Bullseye - Buck Show and Jak Danielz
9 - Audio Technician - Lifelone and Immortal Technique
10 - Unstoppable - Planet Asia
11 - Ak Like U Want It - Akrobatik
12 - Beyond - OC
13 - Never Know What’s Next - Trez
14 - Take A Loss - Kool G Rap
15 - Crossbreed - Tragedy Khadafi
16 - Mobb Niggaz - Prodigy
17 - Acknowledge - Masta Ace
18 - Dirty - Prince Po
19 - Malvo - React
20 - Won’t Stop - Jeru Da Damaja
21 - Forever Shine - Pack FM
22 - Lights Out - Royce Da 5′9
23 - The Zone Freestyle - Supernatural
24 - Essentials - KRS-One and Rahzel
25 - ‘88 - React and Rahzel
26 - Rest Assured - Skoob and Strick
27 - Basix - Tonedeff and Pack FM
28 - Licensed 2 Ill - Ill Bill
29 - X-Posed - Casual
30 - What Am I? Part 2 - SPecial Ed
31 - Flame On - Big Daddy Kane
32 - No Competition - Common
33 - All Of Yall - J-Live
34 - My Instrument 97 - Percee P
35 - Dangerous - Scratch Track
36 - New Level - JS137 - Spontaneous Combustion - Dice Raw and Rahzel
38 - Cold Cutz - Scratch Track
39 - Complicated - Scratch Track
40 - Babylon 5 - Scratch Track with Spinbad

http://www.soulassassins.com/mixtapes/djjs1-overadecademixtape.zip

No comments:

Labels