Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Ras G & Open Mike Eagle - Warhorn






















An AMAZING opportunity brought about by Hip-Hop... Read on!

Open Mike Eagle:


I’ve been offered an opportunity that I never could have imagined.
I’ve been selected along with Brainfeeder artist Ras G to travel to the african nation of Uganda to teach a youth program about hip-hop and record a project with Ugandan rap artists.
The project was conceived and developed by LA hip-hop non-profit organization J.U.I.C.E. and has been partially funded by a grant from the Los Angeles Department of Cultural Affairs.
The grant, however, calls for matching funds. This means that they fund half of the overall budget for the project with the responsibility of the other half being on us.
We began with a fundraising goal of $7,000. At the moment we’ve generated $1,200. We still have quite a bit of ground to cover.
We need any help that you could provide. 1 dollar, 5 dollars, 1,000 dollars. Each and every bit of assistance we get will help this once in a lifetime opportunity come to pass.
The song we’ve presented here is just an exercise in Ras and I putting something down. Its raps I wrote to a beat of his that I liked. We did this very quickly and I think it came out great. Whats in front of us tho, is the opportunity to visit another culture and and have experiences that could change our lives and help us make a project that could be a landmark in both of our careers.


No comments:

Labels