Friday, September 5, 2008

Gutta - Heads Will Roll



LOL!!! I doubt I've ever seen an album that was featured on so many people's blogs and the first words they uttered about it were either exactly "I Don't know who Gutta is, but Blue Sky Black Death Produced the majority of this" or something very close to that statement. I guess Gutta might be getting the short end of the stick, but I gotta keep it real too, I don't know shit about him niether. Still, I'm not sure that BSBD production has to be the selling point for this album. I know that I'm a huge, huge fan of the ultra cohesive production duo outta Frisco' that go by the name Blue Sky Back Death, But I think that people are in for a surprise with this new guy Gutta. But back to what everyone wanna hear; BSBD kills this album production wise! Their eerie loops and boom bap infused percussion is very reminiscent to that of early Rza and the two have already been flagged down by a few Wu-Tang affiliates to produce some projects here and there. I am much more familiar with them, then I am with their newest collaborator Gutta. I tried diggin up a little bit of info on Guts but I didn't find too much other than the facts (I think) that he's from Arizona and that he's been featured on A couple of J-Ronin mixtapes. The second fact I think bodes a lot more for him....J-Ronin is a crazy new tape DJ and doing anything with him usually means your nice....Another positive note about Gutta would be to say that he posseses an intense delivery and is a great match for BSBD's production. While many will dismiss him as just some joe blow from the desert, I think that mentality is a grave under estimation. Which is another reason why this CD is worth checking out. Everyone is gonna load this into they lil' MP3 player and be pleasantly surprised by how lyrically versatile the gun toting image on the cover can be.....make no mistake, I'm not saying that Gutta is gonna re-write Illmatic here, not at all, but I think that this is a quality debut effort and that he did a lot better than most cats do they first time putting somethin' out....

Okay, so now i'm done writing my review that tried intently not to make everything be about BSBD's production...lol, so you'll remember my review over all the others out there...seriously though, I think this was a nice move for all parties concerned. BSBD proves once again their about the music, not the big names and Gutta makes what should be a lasting impression. Check out "Reality Check" and "Missiles".

-BIG D O




01 - Thrashin'
02 - Beware
03 - Where I'm From
04 - So Much Shit
05 - Walk With Me (Feat. Vinnie Paz)
06 - Reality Check
07 - I Know
08 - It's Raining
09 - Riddler
10 - My Triumph
11 - Missles
12 - Gutzilla
13 - This Is My Life

http://rapidshare.com/files/142249368/guttamusic.rar

No comments:

Labels