Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Masters Mixed by The Conmen (Jake One & Mr. Supreme)



I'm a huge fucking fan of soul and funk from the 60's, 70's and of course the 80's, and I'm extra critical when cats try to drop these lil' "throwback" type mixes. Often times they leave out the best shit. I mean how many times am I gonna grab a Soul/Funk mix and have to hear James Brown's "Funky Drummer"?? Come on man....even the 88er's are hip to that record now....break out the good shit man...break out the shit that people are gonna be like "damn, I'bve never heard that record before, but the break on that shit is amazing....". I mean I can't tell you how many cats have tried to craft a mix like this, but failed miserably. That's where the Conmen come in. These guys both must have a really firm grip on the genres and a nice record collection because this is a really comprehensive mix of breaks. I completely just was able to throw it on and listen the whole way through....this is a must grab for any soul fanatic or break grabber....

-BIG D O



*No Tracklist*


http://www.zshare.net/audio/190278328331b3d7/

No comments:

Labels