Sunday, September 21, 2008

Loose Music Presents...Champion Hoods Featuring Von Pea, Spec Boogie & Elucid



Some of the underground's bright and creative new stars team up to freestyle over 90's hip-hop instrumentals. Not the first time this idea has been done and admittedly I'm pissed that we won't be hearing any new beats from Von Pea, but still worth the listen. Kind of a preparatory thing this mixtape...reminds you that winter is right around the corner, and for many of us that means short days and long nights couped up inside with nothing to do. There are some perks to winter however....you do get to dress in layers, lol.....and what is my favorite winter garment? That's right, the aforementioned "Champion" Hoodie. Not the cheap ass ones either...I'm talkin the 70 dollar super hood that has a pointy hood when it's brand new. Yeahhh.....nuthin beats those Champion hoodies....takes me back to better times. I think the whole "trying to bring out the nostalgia in people" shtick is wearing a lil' thin though...even if I fuck wit these guy's music pretty regularly, I ain't feelin the gimmicky approach this time around...I mean we get it...the first time I found some of these instrumentals online I fucked with em' too, but come on man....you gotta know your market...underground heads want your new stuff....new beats, new rhymes etc., etc.,. Leave the classics alone man.

-BIG D O




01 Champion Hood Intro
02 Shadowboxing
03 Superstar
04 Iced Down Medallions
05 Brooklyn Kids
06 Can't Stop the Chopping
07 Loosie-La
08 Diner's Club Era
10 Tried by 12 (feat. Lek)
11 Tonight's Da Night
12 Code of the Streets
13 Loosie or Leave it Alone
14 Breakadawn
15 Criminology
16 Last Dayz

http://rapidshare.com/files/146685921/Loosie_All-Stars_-_Champion_Hoods.rar

No comments:

Labels