Sunday, January 6, 2013

News: Vinnie Paz Announces Retirement via Facebook














Sad day for all longtime JMT fans out there as well as anyone who dug Vinnie's solo work as well..

from Vinnie's FB:

"I've done a lot of things in my life. Music has done things for me I never imagined, but performing in front of 1,300 kids in Italy... where I'm from? Where my father is from? It was the most beautiful experience of my life. I felt my father with me. They chanted my name: "Vin-Cen-Zo, Vin-Cen-Zo." I cried onstage for the first time in my life. For the first time in my life, I felt like I did my father proud. I can retire now. It's been a good run. Thanks."

Despite this apparent retirement, Vinnie is still touring with Ill Bill, Pharoahe Monch, OC, AG, DJ Eclipse and others on the Rap Mayhem tour and is still scheduled to play at the Brooklyn Knitting Factory on Jan. 29th.

No comments:

Labels