Thursday, March 6, 2008

DJ Green Lantern and Cutmaster C present Uncle Murda- Hard To Kill


I know I'm gonna take some heat from my blogging bretheren for supporting this guy's music, and I know a lot of the culture's purist's regard this guy as a parasite and just flat out ignorant and annoying. But before you judge Uncle Murda, lemme tell you a story.....The year was 2004, I was off at college far away from home, and I wasn't adjusting well to my new, very hickish surroundings. I was a city kid that all of a sudden was thrust into an environment that was borderline desolate. There was nuthin in town at all; a few restaurants a Kmart and that's about it. I was only there because a fraudulant football coach promised me playing time, but when I showed up I found out my scholarship had been reduced because he left the school. Here I was, not practicing, a freshman, in the middle of a horrid state with no places to cop music. None. Then my roommate got a package from back home. The shit was filled with new mixtapes, we rolled up a few blunts and got to it. Among the tapes there was a new Cutmaster C joint. I forget the title, but on the tracklisting there were a few joints by a cat named "Uncle Murda". I didn't recognize the name, and actually I thought it was dope, like a throwback to a lot of the stage names underground NY cats used to use in the 90's like Finsta Bundy, Kukoo Da Bag 'a Bones and The Gunslinguz. So we started listening to one of the joints on the tape and it started out with a skit about how Murda got kicked outta Hot 97 for cussing on air. The skit was funny and made it's point. You had a ranting Uncle Murda goin on about how he does his music the way he does his music and theres no changing that. I respected that. The song was ill too. It was ultra violent, so much so that it was almost comical. It was like watching a really violent movie tho, it was so over the top you knew there was no truth to any of it, but it was done artistically and stylishly. From that moment on I always checked for duke's music because truthfully, I dug it. It's just like how I always checked for a lot of Jean Claude Van Damme's movies when I was a kid. It wasn't to see that man act, lol, hell naw son, it was to see him do a double round house into someone's face. The same applies to Uncle Murda's music man, I don't listen to it to hear him break down the ills of the hood, nah, I listen to hear him talk about how he bucked off his 380 at some police officers in East New York. At the end of the day it's about entertainment, and he's a good entertainer to me man...is he over the top sometimes? Yeah I think it's safe to say he is, but he is someone who I think puts a lot of time into his craft even though his craft is kind of blunt and kind of rugged. If your a fan, than your a fan, if not than keep it movin' simple and plain. If you like your hip-hop with a little bit of edge to it, than this is the cat who's music you should check for. If you don't like to hear shit that could be misconstrued as being a lil' ignorant than once again, I urge you to just keep it movin'. He's raw, he's insane, he ain't scared, he got Green Lantern's support and now he's on the Roc baby! He's Uncle Murda; this tape really can't be broken down as anything more than, well...entertainment, so enjoy.

-BIG D O


1. Uncle Murda - Intro 2:25
2. Uncle Murda - Hard To Kill 3:19
3. Uncle Murda - Worst Nightmare 3:19
4. Uncle Murda - For Music 1:44
5. Uncle Murda - Bad Ass Bitch 3:18
6. Uncle Murda - Sucker For Love 2:13
7. Uncle Murda - Die For That Shit feat. Billionz, Big Bo & NickGunz
8. Uncle Murda - Take A Journey With Me feat. Bleek 2:14
9. Uncle Murda - They Dont Wabt It feat. Billionz 3:17
10. Uncle Murda - 187 3:03
11. Billionz - G Up 2:46
12. Uncle Murda - Beef 4:25
13. Uncle Murda - You Ready feat. GMG First Lady 3:17
14. Uncle Murda - Record Deal 2:54
15. Uncle Murda - For That Money 2:49
16. Uncle Murda - He Scared feat. BP 4:31
17. Uncle Murda - Children Story 2:33
18. Uncle Murda - Murder On Me feat. Billionz 1:37
19. Big Bo - Keep It 100 4:15
20. Uncle Murda - On My Dick 3:17
21. Uncle Murda - Bonus 4:31
22. Uncle Murda - Bonus 2:48


http://rapidshare.com/files/97416641/DJ_Green_Lantern_And_Cutmaster_C_Present_Uncle_Murda-Hard_To_Kill-_Bootleg_-2008-CR.rar

No comments:

Labels