Thursday, March 27, 2008

DJ JS-1- Ground Original



This album comes to us courtesy of Rocksteady Crew's own DJ JS-1 and it's a great hip-hop offering, combining sick production with an occasional glimpse into his cutting skills, JS-1 cements his status as a true upholder of the culture as he assists some of the game's loftiest and most notable underground acts drop some very worthwhile material. Ground Original initially snuck by me...apparently it was released in 2003, and well, I can't front, it flew waaay under my radar. There's so much quality material on this release tho, I really am ashamed that I hadn't copped this back in the day. From the Intro on, your served with great boom bap infused joint after another. JS-1 and his close collaborator Rahzel shine throughout this joint, specifically on the aforementioned intro and on songs/freestyles like "Spontaneous Combustion" and "Essentials". Plenty of Hip-hop's favorite underground non conformists stop thru also and contribute to the non-stop cypher that is Ground Original, and while some dazzle as soloists don't overlook the collaborative pairings that are built like a back packer's fantasy draft. This is truly a "gem in a haystack" type of find, and it's well worth the 15 bucks if you see it in stores, but the main reason I'm dropping it for free is because it's usually an oddity at record stores. I can recall only bumpin into it a couple times in my long, illustrious career of digging in record stores and CD shops across America. So enjoy and spread the word, and for the record I went to a JS-1 and Rahzel concert this past year and dropped them my 22.50 for a ticket, so don't try flashing on me in here wit the self riteous comments. I support 90% of the artists who's shit I post on here in some form or fashion, whether having bought a concert ticket, mixtape, Wax, a T-Shirt off they online store, or their latest Lp, and I encourage all of you to do the same.

-BIG D O

01. Intro
02. Evidence, C-Rayz Walz, Pep Luv, & React - Nowadayz
03. KRS-One & Rahzel - Essentials
04. Akrobatik - Ak Like U Want It
05. DJ Ody-Roc & Royce Da 5'9" - Lights Out
06. Ill Bill - License 2 Ill
07. Masta Ace - What Am I? Pt. 1
08. Planet Asia & Percee-P - Unstoppable
09. Trez & Tragedy Khadafi - Crossbreed
10. Kool G Rap - Take A Loss
11. Casual - X-Posed
12. Punch N' Words - Turn It Up!
13. Big Daddy Kane - Puttin In Work
14. Special Ed - What Am I? Pt. 2
15. C-Rayz Walz & Breez Evahflowin' - Drugs In My Vein
16. Professor X Interlude
17. L.I.F.E. Long & Immortal Technique - Audio Technician
18. Prince Poetry - Dirty
19. O.C. - Beyond
20. Substantial, Tonedeff, PackFM, & Rise - Arrogant
21. Dice Raw & Rahzel - Spontaneous Combustion
22. Skoob Of Das Efx, Strick, & React - Rest Assured
23. Outro

http://www.mediafire.com/?tyery3c2b9s

No comments:

Labels