Saturday, March 22, 2008

Little Vic- Each Dawn I Die



Little Vic has been on my radar ever since he dropped that dope ass "The Exorcist" single with DJ Premier a couple years ago. Since then he's kinda been a little inconsistent with keeping that well deserved buzz alive. He drops this new joint "Each Dawn I Die" that I can assure you makes up for his somewhat lost time. I knew the kid had to be special if Premier was gonna take a chance on him, Premo stopped messing with average MC's when he let Big Shug into the Gangstarr Foundation Crew. The cover is already one of my favorites; loaded with intricacies and reminiscent of a 1950's newspaper it quickly grabbed my eye. The music on this joint quickly grabbed my ear. Little Vic was already a dope MC, he doesen't need much to enhance his music, but when he does have the right production it only makes it that much better. Enlisting the help of mostly no name producers Little Vic wields his usual messages of tough and rugged street life. The aforementioned "The Exorcist" is featured on here as well as the standout track "The Evil That Men Do" produced by another legend, D.I.T.C.'s own Buckwild, but after that the list of big names pretty much desenegrates. I really respect any solid MC that comes in and stands on his own two and gives a few up and coming beatsmiths the chance to rock on his project. This joint is a great stepping stone for Little Vic, who is following in line with a relatively short list of Italian American rappers who were worthwhile and co-signed by established artists. JoJo Pellegrino, Johnny Blanco, Genovese and Don Scavone and thats it man...that's it. Short but very skilled man, very skilled. I personally think that Little Vic is very much in the same vein as Don Scavone content wise, minus the aggresion. Any 12" fanatic knows that's high praise. Little Vic definitely excites on "Each Dawn I Die" and he definitely takes you back to a time when hip-hop was a lot more serious. I sincerely hope the kid keeps putting out new stuff.

-BIG D O


1. Each Dawn I Do (Prod by Lunatik Mind)
2. Its My Turn (Prod by Velotz)
3. The Evil That Men Do (prod by Buckwild)
4. Dying Slowly (Prod by Double Shots)
5. This is What It Sounds Like (Prod by Double Shots)
6. Love Hurts (Prod by Double Shots)
7. The Exorcist (Prod by DJ Premier)
8. After All I've Done (Prod by Velotz)
9. Caked Up feat Kool G Rap (Prod by Big KO)
10. Sister Morphine (Prod by Sly Vest)
11. Carry the Weight (prod by Double Shots)

http://rapidshare.com/files/101355924/eidinwadhcae.rar

No comments:

Labels