Thursday, March 6, 2008

Erykah Badu- New Amerykah


Look, I never, ever, fuckin' buy music anymore man; If I'm in the record store (which frequently I am) I'm there copping Vinyl or buying tickets to a show. However as soon as I knew that the queen, the goddess, the soul sista no. 1, Erykah Badu was set to drop her new joint, I had no choice but to waltz into my record store and cop it. See the reason I don't buy music anymore is.....well, if you don't know why then where the fuck have you been since 2000 man? It all fucking sucks...especially hip-hop. The radio and the corporations done got ahold of our asses and now we sellin our souls. On a sunnier note however, Neo Soul is still producing a lot of great albums and new artists. Meanwhile it's retarded cousin hip-hop is selling big macs and making all male line dancing urban. At any rate I feel semi-fucked up for putting this woman's album up, but being that it is an experince and true art in it's highest form, and I believe that things like that are never "sold", only consumed by your spirit, you lucky bastards are gonna get it free. This is a real treat too.....Badu is once again in rare form, hypnotizing her listeners with her sultry voice, soothing us with her wisdom and connecting to us with her limitless soul. The main reason I think most people should get into the industry is so that they can put out musc as good and as honest as Badu's man...she's truly gifted. Enjoy this right here man, there's also some really dope production to go along with Badu's masterful writing and singing.
-BIG D O
1. Amerykahn Promise 4:16
2. The Healer 3:59
3. Me 5:36
4. My People 3:25
5. Soldier 5:04
6. The Cell 4:21
7. Twinkle 6:57
8. Master Teacher 6:48
9. That Hump 5:25
10. Telephone 7:18
11. Honey 5:21

No comments:

Labels