Monday, April 18, 2011

Interview: Prodigy For Complex Mag















Highly provocative new interview that the recently released Prodigy did for ToshiTaka Kondo of Complex Mag here...

How provocative you ask? P speaks his mind on everything from why he thought Biggie was "corny", Capone snitching, him being the originator of the whole "it's okay to rock pink" movement that Cam'ron ran with, once upon a time jumping Nore, giving Jay-Z a pass in Justin's and reconciling with Nas immediately after being set free from prison--all of which are things that he references in detail in his new book that is also a topic of discussion.--Whoa, that's an ear full...just read up kiddies...

Anyone else have a sneaking suspicion more than a few rappers we know of will be chiming in soon to voice some choice opinions?

-BIG D O


TK: In your book you talk about a lot of different incidents involving Nas from him hating on you when you first rapped for him, to Mike Delorean from Bars-N-Hooks choking him at Sony Studios, to the brawl backstage at Nas’ Central Park concert, so when you guys spoke, did you guys talk about him being in your book at all?
Prodigy: Nah, I think I told him I had a book coming out, but basically the book is about my life story and Mobb Deep’s story, so everything in there is real. I’m not going to go around, and tell everybody, “Yo, I put you in my book. Yo, I mentioned...” Nah, you’ll see. It’s my story, so real shit is in there.

TK: You also speak on Capone taking the stand to testify against Havoc’s brother, Killer Black. That’s the kind of thing that would end most rappers’ careers. How did this not come out sooner?
P: People were upset, but that was just one of those things that just never came out. It just never happened. I can’t tell you why.

TK: When Havoc was talking about producing “Last Dayz” in the book and he was telling you to get on it, I was surprised that your reaction was that Biggie was corny.
P: A lot of people was feeling him, I just wasn’t feeling him. Another thing is that, I used to take things real personal. I was real serious when it came to rapping. I still do, but even more so when I was real young. I was on some other shit dun. I wasn’t fucking with nobody else but Mobb Deep. I had tunnel-vision, straight up. I ain’t see nothing but Mobb Deep. I ain’t hear nothing but Mobb Deep. And niggas can’t fuck with Mobb Deep. That was my opinion, how I was thinking, and my life. Mobb Deep, fuck everybody else. So when I used to hear certain shit that Biggie used to say, he used to take some of my lines from my lyrics, and use them. That used to piss me off, because I was like, “Damn, this nigga just bit my shit.”
Read The Rest Here

No comments:

Labels