Thursday, October 13, 2011

Interview: Murs For HipHopDX






















Back on Tuesday Murs let go his latest collabo project with Ski Beatz and it's undeniably a really honest and worthy effort...

I found it to be tasteful that this new interview that HHDX did w/ the former Los Angeleno be put up on here as to alert you fine folks of not only how dope "Love & Rockets Vol.1: The Transformation" is, but also to give ya'll an update on some of the things Murs has been up to lately.. some of which I find really interesting and that interviewer Jake Paine brought to the forefront masterfully...


DX: On "316 Wayz," you have a line about building schools in Africa. You write so much non-fiction in your verses. Tell me about this...
Murs: [Pauses] My wife and I traveled to Ethiopia. I asked my fans to donate too. The first step to building a school is building a well. We started building a well. Now we're investing. We're trying to build a school [through] Project 61. My wife and I went out kinda of volunteering at orphanages and there's also a leprosy colony by Addis Ababa. There's no clean water source and there's no school. Now, my wife and I are helping send kids to school from that colony and Shashamane, which is the big Rastafarian community. We're buying clothes, Christmas presents, some computers, helping.

Read The Rest Here 


No comments:

Labels