Monday, November 21, 2011

Singles: Homeboy Sandman - Not Pop (Jinesis Remix)






















Usually Homeboy's work is perfectly fine left the way it is... I can say honestly that this remix is a nice improvement on an already really ill track...

Jinesis provides the new soundtrack for Homeboy's rambled, uber-sharp lyrics... I got some real opinions on the track as a whole, but right now let's just listen to what Jinesis' thoughts on this are:

When first hearing Homeboy Sandman's "Not Pop" song there were lines that stuck out to me. One of the lines was "they tell me dumb it down, I tell them smarten up". At first I was going to take that part and flip it on some chop & screw vibe, but that didn't happen. I decided to turn this flip into a remix and I came up with this. 

We the Spartans, son. Pardon us. 

No comments:

Labels