Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Video: Exile Messes Around With Q-Tip's "Let's Ride"




Man, I been an Exile fan for a minute....duke is the exemplification of an ill, underground beatmaker/DJ, and he's from out west so it's extra love there. I first really got acquainted with Exile's stuff via his "Dirty Science" album that I found in the dollar bin (can you believe that?) of one of my favorite record stores. One thing I have noticed over the years about Exile is that he's a magician with that MPC man. Straight up and down he's skilled. I mean, I seen vid's of him scratchin' on that thing and it sounds like he had two Techniecs and some records man! Keeping up with his usual drum machine wizardry, Exile has a new Vimeo vid out displaying his knack for chopping and live improvisation. This time around Ex chooses to mess with Q-Tip's "Let's Ride", one of Tip and Dilla's many classic creations.

-BIG D O

No comments:

Labels