Monday, January 12, 2009

Video: Extended Trailer preview of "Notorious"



Only four more days left til' this joint drops and I mob to the theater 10 deep, extremely inebriated, blunted and proceed to wreck the viewing pleasure of anyone else in the theater....Haven't been too many movies that have generated a whole lot of genuine interest for me lately, but this is one that honestly does. I was a huge Biggie fan growing up and I'm happy that his music, memory and story is going to be immortalized in a major motion picture.

I know that it's only been twelve years since we lost Big, and wounds are still fresh, and Perhaps "Notorious" comes at a sore time considering his killer still hasn't been found (my money is on that bow tie wearin' "Amir" muthafucka tho) meanwhile, Voletta yearns for answers and her closure. I also know a lot of heads, myself very much included, were pissed that Easy Mo Bee, the man behind a huge bulk of Big's best music, was given the axe from producing the film's score. LOl, and yes what would a biopic on Biggie be without his one time mistress Lil' Kim making headlines for being upset over her "portrayal" in the flick. Yes, Much controversy does surround this film's release....

All that being said, I have been following Gravy since he first exploded on the mixtape scene eight or so years back with Cutmaster C and I'm really happy to see him get an opportunity like this. He's come a long way since freestyles on tapes man, word up. I've heard through the grapevine that he gives an awesome, awesome performance in his portrayal of Big. I've also seen a couple scenes from the movie (the one at the end of this trailer included) that are pure electricity man, really well put together and that give you that same feeling you caught when you first heard "Juicy" or "Hypnotize". I can't speak against or for the joint til' I go see it however, and that's not happenin' for a good week. Expect that review or at least a few remarks on what made it terrible/great/sad or whatever.....

-BIG D O

No comments:

Labels