Monday, January 12, 2009

Single: 50 Cent - Shut Your Bloodclot Mouth (prod. by DJ Premier)




Recently on the net there has been a whirlwind of wild conjecture and hearsay regarding the "end" of the world. Most of this Boomhower-type gibberish has to do with the ancient Mayan calender, a computer that can predict disasters and rabbi's who've unlocked some sort of code within the bible. LOL, I paid little mind to any of it....til' today. Lol, for some reason DJ Premier linking up with 50 Cent set off my doomsday spidey senses. I hesitantly clicked on the link to the ridiculously titled "Shut Your Bloodclot Mouth" yesterday expecting to hear something that would finally convince me that Hip-Hop did in fact die in the ambulance, rather than clinging to life in the ICU all these years like we thought....something that indeed would signal to me along with the rest of the speculation that the world was indeed ready to combust.....*click*

I was surprised, but not not in the least bit unpleasantly. I mean yeah, 50's content isn't all there lyrically speaking, he's still sorta halfway yelling through his lines and of course this ain't Premier's illest joint ever, but it's still something I'd listen to over a whole hell of a lot of other shit that currently is infecting the web, radio and music vid's that the masses are accepting blindly. Premier just brings out the best in everyone man and always has....Jesus, give that man a lifetime achievement award or something....[Insert recurring plea for Premier to do long-awaited solo compilation album here].

When I heard the actual song these guys put together, I guess I felt a lil' bit like all the Y2Ker's did on January 1st 2000. Stupid as shit! Preme, Fifth, I'll never doubt you two again....well, maybe 50....

End of the world? Nope....the start of an older one over again? Probably not.....A good glimpse into what Hip-Hop and 50's world could be? Stay tuned.

-BIG D O





http://www.zshare.net/audio/54016598d55e210e/

No comments:

Labels