Thursday, December 16, 2010

Interview: DJ Premier For HiphopDX



























Whenever Preme speaks Hip-Hop needs to listen...

Here, the living production legend talks to HipHopDX.com about various subjects including his old collaborator Jeru The Damaja who sent some perceived shots at the greatest of all time once upon a time and a story about how Suge Knight once exchanged some frosty sentiments with Biggie, after Big reached out for some Dre beats...

This is the Hip-Hop lore shit that we all love...dig in....

-BIG D O


"I was blown away by the first verse. Second verse, when he said, 'Son, I’m surprised you run with them,' I stopped the tape. I was like, 'That’s how you feel?' He goes, 'I told you I had to get back at your man.' Just on some real nigga shit, I said, 'Go on and say what you have to say. I’m going to let that one go.' Puff was there. I told Puff, 'You and Jeru had your talk already.' Big interrupted and goes, 'Preme that wasn’t a talk, that was an argument. Nothing got solved.' I was like, 'That has nothing to do with you.' He goes, 'C’mon man, Versace suit.' I said in front of all of them, 'Anyone has a problem with Jeru then you have a problem with me, so move on me. Beat me up. I don’t want to get beat up but if that’s what I got to do to show you how loyal I am to my team and that we’re not dissing ya’ll. You’re making a big mistake if you do it.' I’ll never forget Puff. He was there at Daddy’s House like, 'Yeah, we’re coming after Jeru the Damaja too!'"
Read the rest here 

No comments:

Labels