Sunday, April 6, 2008

Az & DJ Wristpect- Quiet Money Mixtape





For all those that were so un-moved by Az's new and somewhat lackluster album "Undeniable", take some solice in this new mixtape, that showcases some of his brillant original work, remixed as well as blended. I haven't heard too much from this "DJ Wristpect" cat, but anyone who undertakes a task as worthy as putting together a "best of" mixtape for Az is someone who's noteworthy in my book. I never understood why Az was and still is so overlooked. I constantly see people put together "best of" tapes for Big Pun, Biggie, Nas, Kool G Rap and others, but rarely do I ever see Az's body of works, (which are stellar) mixed together for the same purposes. I think at the root of that neglect and lack of recognition is the reason that Az has finally opted to take on more of a radio friendly sound in his music, inparticuliarly on his new album. He's tried making runs at the radio in the past before, but never like this. The new album is very, very "safe" sounding compared to his other albums as far as subject matter goes. I think that Az just grew tired of crafting wonderful verses just to have them fall on mostly deaf ears within the radio, music and Music television industry. Now, I don't think Az is distraught with the fact that DJ's and VJ's aren't lining up to put together tapes and play videos based on his lyrical greatness, lol, nah, I don't think that, but I do know what it feels like to sometimes feel unappreciated. Sometimes it can spark radical changes in you. I think I understand some of Az's new schtick. I don't like it, but hey, he's gotta eat, and people took him for granted, he still can rap, so why not get paid? Discouraging as that sounds, I don't know if that actually is his current mindstate, but if it was, I think I would sympathize with him 100%. All that being said I'm glad Wristpect stepped up and decided to drop a tape for that man, he deserves more praise for his work, no doubt about it. Just look at some of the joints that are on here, he's a certified Brooklyn legend man. Maybe second only to King's County's finest ever, Biggie and Jay-Z. All that being said, check this mixtape out man, it's a clever tape and Wristpect puts a few new twists on some of ya favorite Az material, while also including some of the joints that remind you of why Sosa was so great in the first place.

-BIG D O

http://djwristpect.urbanradioondemand.com/mixtapes/DJ%20WRISTPECT%20&%20AZ%20-%20QUIET%20MONEY.zip

No comments:

Labels