Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Kollabo Brothers- For My Peoples



Here's a often overlooked goodie from the Finnish DJ and Production duo The Kollabo Brothers. The Kollabo Brothers aka Kool Ski & Staffro assembled some of the games best and brightest, not to mention a few all time legends for their stellar debut album and nobody should sleep on this at all. This joint dropped in 06' and I'll admit that I missed it, but upon discovery a couple days ago it's managed to stay permanantly locked in my deck. The production is nice, these two definitely should think about doin' more work in the U.S., sadly I woulden't be surprised if they found a better market for their work in Europe tho, where real hip-hop is thriving. Americans need to take a cue from these two man, there's real music and there's stuff that fades away quickly, and these guys make real music. Don't sleep on this, it is truly a great "Kollabo" album and if your a Boom Bap, mid 90's type of cat you'll really dig this. Jam packed with thick, slapping snares, booming kicks and creatively chopped samples, "For My Peoples" is a wonderful example of true hip-hop in the later 2K's, something that you'll be hard pressed to find sometimes. The list of guest MC's is also made up of guys you probably would have a hard time finding these days too. Gathering some of the games most reclusive and sought after heads, the Kollabo Brothers successfully fuse some of hip-hop's goden age royalty like Grandmaster Caz, Craig G, Diamond D and Donald D with some of hip-hop's most respected underground MC's like Au-Ra, Paris and Zion I. The marriage worked out well and produced a great album with solid direction.

-BIG D O

For anyone seeking to hear a few songs off the album, or find more info on the Kollabo Brothers or their label KoolKatRecords check them out on their myspace here: http://www.myspace.com/kollabobrothers


01. Intro ft. Craig G
02. No Equal ft. Craig G
03. For My Peoples ft. Donald D
04. Way Back ft. Tim Dog
05. Watch The Game ft. The Gambit
06. Lovin" This Shit ft. Afu-Ra
07. My Flows To Blow ft. Diamond D
08. Hip Hop Blues ft. Grandmaster Caz
09. Two Kool Brothers
10. I Got Soul ft. Zion aka Baba Zumbi (of Zion I)
11. Words I Wrote ft. Paris
12. Glad To Be Me ft. B.I.
13. My Melody ft. B.O.Dubb
14. Im a Real Emcee ft. Donald D
15. Outro

http://rapidshare.com/files/82581401/Kollabo_Brothers_-_For_my_people_2006.rar

No comments:

Labels