Wednesday, April 23, 2008

DJ Premier - Rare & Unreleased Joints Vol. 1



I might of posted this before, but since it's unreleased Premier shit, you know I don't gotta problem puttin it up for all those that have been sleepin'. A lot of these joints the serious Premo fans most likely have already heard on either a limited 12 inch single release or some of preme's tapes, but for the casual heads this will be a real treat. Usually when unreleased material from a certain artist or producer is put out things can start to run a bit thin. Don't get me wrong I like hearing stuff that the artist's created and scrapped for whatever reason, but I can't deny that some stuff should just stay in the vaults. Fortunately for us I would have to say that in Premier's case most of this stuff wasn't put out because it had too much of a hardcore sound or prolly due to sample clearance problems. There's gonna be some joints on here that every net head will recognize...Ras Kass's "Goldyn Child", Devin The Dude's "Doobie Ashtray" and a couple others, but I think it's the material that's a lil' more dated that makes this a really worthwhile mix. Chi Ali, Lord Finesse, Queen Latifah...these are some really great names from the mid and late 90's (really still are some great names) and for me I know I really was excited to hear their unreleased work with Premo. This isn't really that long of a tape, so it kinda fails you in that aspect if you like to really sit through quite a good amount of music. Not sure if there actually was any other volumes for this, but I'll look around.

-BIG D O

1. Sauce Money - ‘Intruder Alert'
2. Arrested Development - ‘Ease My Mind (DJ Premier Remix)'
3. Chi Ali - ‘No Surrender, No Retreat
4. Cookie Crew - ‘A Word To The Conscious (Gang Starr Remix)'
5. Devin The Dude - ‘Doobie Ashtray'
6. Boss - ‘Drive By (Slow Rollin' Remix)'
7. Charlie Baltimore - ‘Everybody Wanna Know'
8. Gang Starr - 'Battle'
9. Rass Kass - ‘Goldyn Chyld'
10. Group Home - ‘Supa Dupa Star (June 1994 Demo Version)'
11. Howie B & Robbie Robertson - ‘Take Your Partner By The Hand (DJ Premier Remix)'
12. Lord Finesse - ‘Baby, You Nasty (Original Version)' -
13. Queen Latifah - ‘Wrath Of My Madness (DJ Premier Remix)'
14. Xzibit - ‘What A Mess'

http://rapidshare.com/files/37963009/VA-DJ_Premier-Rare_And_Unreleased_Joints_Vol.1-_Vinyl_-2007-WHOA.rar.html

No comments:

Labels