Friday, April 4, 2008

Prince Ali- Pyrex Prophecy Hosted By DJ Nice



New Joint from none other than Prince Ali (P.A.). I'm really excited that P.A. is starting to make underground connctions like Kool G Rap, L.E.G.A.C.Y., The late KL of Screwball and Tragedy Khadafi. I understand that he can gain some much deserved notierity by being featured on tracks with these guys. Not to say that he can't hold his own, because he most definitely can; P.A. is a strong lyricist with a penchant for picking ill beats to accompany his nostaligic flow. He's a throwback artist, and a good one. I compare him a lot to Termanology, their flows, voice, delivery and subject matter are all very similiar, the only thing that seems to separate them at this point is work ethic and promotion. Term is a tireless worker and while P.A. is certainly no slouch when it comes to putting out mixtapes of his own, he's not in Term's league in that aspect. And then there's the whole promotion thing. Termanology's main man that grew up with him in Lawrence, MA is Statik Selektah, someone who has his own Sirius Satellite radio show and is a force on the mixtape scene. P.A. is a worthy artist and it just goes to show you that sometimes the worthiest of artists just get overlooked because of things that are out of their control. Don't mis read me here, Termanology is completely worthy of the position he currently has, with or without the support from his many connections. I'd actually like to see P.A. and Term collaborate one of these days, and being that their both ill, I have no doubt that they'll link up eventually and do a track. Til' Then P.A. has released a couple new mixtapes that feature the Toronto MC displaying his skills for all that are yearning for more substance from their hip-hop. Don't pass this up, especially if you love sharp lyricism backed up with that good ole' boom bap sound.

-BIG D O

Introduction
Pyrex Kid
Hood Fellaz w/ Kool G Rap, B.A.G.I.
Whats Poppin w/ Nut Rageous, KL (Screwball)
Same Shit
Super Star
Write Just w/ St. Laz
Dead w/ B.A.G.I.
Swaggie Piffin
I Was Told w/ L.E.G.A.C.Y, Sense I
Versatile
Be Down
Intermission
Pyrex Prophecy w/ Sense I
Fast Life Shit
Material Posessions
Raw Shit
Righteous Scrolls w/ Tragedy Khadafi
Where I'm From
Dream Deferred w/ Sense I, B.A.G.I.
Rock For The w/ Sense I
Grew Up w/ Henny, Defame, B.A.G.I.
Outro

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5GFF8TAL

No comments:

Labels