Thursday, April 24, 2008

J-Zone- The Analog Catalog, Vinyl Only, Rare and Unreleased Cuts From The Freezer At Old Maid Ent.



Time for some rare and unreleased J-Zone! I, like many other respectable heads pretty much try to ignore most rapper/producer acts that try extremely hard to come off as lewd, ignorant and silly, but when I heard this kid from Queens named J-Zone I coulden't help but to laugh, nod my head and mutter, "this bastard is aiight". Musically, he's cut from the same cloth as guys like R.A. The Rugged Man and personality wise, he's cut from the same cloth as well, uhhmm, R.A. The Rugged Man. Both of those assessments are, I think, fair and accurate and that's what makes J-Zone so much more appealing. He's not really like too many of his Queens, New York hip-hop counterparts. He's definitely his own man. Unafraid to be himslef, however disgusting or vulgar that may be. In all actuality J-Zone, in my belief overcompensates for his great, natural intellect and dumbs down his personality and manners to fit in with the gruffer types in the rap game. He doesen't totally fool me though. How could someone who is a masterful producer, an accomplished DJ and the preseident of his own label be that crude and simple? He can't be and he isn't. I think J-Zone knows that there are a lot of repressed people out there that wish they could say certain things, wish they could do certain things but don't, in order to fit into the mold of what society has deemed acceptable behavior. One of their many escapes from this mundane and routine form of assimilation is to bump rebellious, controversial, un-conventional and highly satirical hip-hop; AKA almost all of J-Zone's shit. I myself am a pretty outgoing guy, never feel like I'm not heard or one of the social dregs that simply "goes thru the motions" of life, rather than actually living. Nope, that's not me (at least I hope it isn't) but even someone like me can appreciate raw talent, no matter how lesivious or left field. J-Zone is just such a talent. Been checkin' for him here and there for awhile, and once again my beliefs were confirmed about his true intelligence when I heard he was actually letting hip-hop slide onto the back burner a lil' bit and teaching as a professor for New York State University. Aiight J-Zone! Recently, the only real new stuff he's hitting people off with are his "Gator$-n-Fur$" mixshow podcasts, but this here is a little gem that might intrest a few of his fans. Released in 2007, the "Analog Catalog" was originally only a iTunes release, but I now bring it to all you J--Zone fiends who are dead fucking broke and itching for something good to bump while you slack off at work or pack your next bong hit. This has some pretty rare stuff on it, as well as some stuff that was previously unreleased. A logical piece to have in your J-Zone collection if your a fan.

-BIG D O

1)Gorilla
2)S.L.A.P.
3)The Big Hit feat. Al-Shid
4)Alley Oop 03'
5)Fuckin Wit Hug feat. Hug
6)The Art Of Shit Talkin
7)Taken feat. GM Grimm
8)Fight Club feat. Al-Shid & Hug
9)Big Country Titties
10)Math feat. Al-Shid
11)Ign'ant feat. Al-Shid
12)Greater Later (Remix) feat. Devin the Dude
13)Rebel Radio feat. Hug
14)Exclusive!
15)County Check Pimpin (Remix)
16)S.H.I.D. Part 4 feat. Al-Shid
17)Dancing feat. GM Grimm
18)Calamne Lotion (Part 3)

http://rapidshare.com/files/110176551/J-Zone_-_The_Analog_Catalog_2001_-_2007___Vinyl_Only__Rare____Unreleased_Cuts_From_The_Freezer_At_Ol

No comments:

Labels