Monday, March 9, 2009

DJ Eclipse - The Halftime Show 11th Anniversary



DJ Eclipse has been steady holdin shit down for 11 years and counting on his famed and heavily needed/celebrated Halftime Show and this year's Anniversary was just flat out dope.....as usual....

I know I'm a few days late puttin this up, but bear with me people, I have been doing a lot of diggin lately and that combined with my new J.O.B. has kept me pretty occupied and out of the loop......Somehow I found some time last night to bump this and all I can say is that this is just a straight blessing. Last year's Anniversary show was a beast of epic proportions and I know that it was going to be hard to top it, but this year I was pleasantly surprised by how well constructed and focused the effort was.....Eclipse is def. one of the most slept on and underrated DJ personalities of all time....

The theme took a break from the usual formula of bringing in a ton of producers and emcee's and rather, Eclipse opted to recruit a few of his world class DJ buddies to make the focal point of the show the proverbial "backbone" of Hip-Hop; the men on the 1's and 2's AKA the DJ's. Including sets from Tony Touch, Da Beatminerz, DJ A-Trak, DJ Premier as well as an exclusive unreleased set to jump things off, I don't know how you could ask for anything more. Packed to the fuckin brim with over 2 hours of exclusives, rare demo originals, cutting, scratching and priceless banter between everyone, this is your mandatory listening for the week. If you catch anything on this make sure it's Premo's set and JS-1's Break set.....

-BIG D O









http://wnyu.org/file_download/7663

No comments:

Labels