Monday, March 2, 2009

CNN - Channel 10 Promo & Full Version Of Grand Royale (prod. by DJ Premier)




Before I was only semi-interested in the new CNN album.......This is mainly due to Capone's unwillingness to seek out better production and Nore's dabbling in Reggaeton and brawling in Fatburger's. Surely I would be foolish to think that they were still capable of collaborating in a meaningful way, reminiscent of anything they did in their 90's glory days right? Wrong.........Thankfully now after hearing this I'm more than interested again in a duo that I spent so much time bumpin' when I was younger. I think that their new and heavily anticipated LP "Channel 10" will finally put them ahead of Mobb Deep (who are also featured on the Promo) as the best hardcore New York duo of all time (behind Fame and Danze of course, lol) and I'm happy to give you guys the Promo for "Channel 10" that features 10 brand new joints from the Queens natives.

I decided to include "Grand Royale" separately because it only appears in snippet version on the Promo. It's by far the nastiest track on there and it contains focused verses from both Pone and Nore (surprising right?). It's the way CNN's grimy bars cascade against the unmistakable hardcore boom bap production of DJ Premier's that will capture you the same way you were the first time you heard them back in the mid 90's. Why NY Hip-Hop can't and doesn't sound like this anymore is beyond me.....

-BIG D O








01-CNN - Follow The Dollar (03:29)
02-CNN - Grand Loyal (Snippet) (00:29)
03-CNN - Hollywood (02:52)
04-CNN - NY Groove (03:27)
05-CNN - The Argument (03:21)
06-CNN - Wobble Wobble Ft. Mobb Deep (04:27)
07-CNN - Rotate (Remix) (03:16)
08-CNN - Money Ft. Shawty Lo (03:34)
09-CNN - My Hood Ft The Clipse (03:56)
10-CNN - My Hood (Remix) (05:51)

http://rapidshare.com/files/203649187/CNN-C10.rar



CNN - Grand Royale (prod. by DJ Premier)

http://www.divshare.com/direct/6702752-792.mp3

No comments:

Labels