Monday, March 9, 2009

Video: Jadakiss - Can't Stop Me



Rarely does a new, big budget video that is gettin a few spins on MTV Jams ever make it on this blog....Fortunately for Kiss, I'm an open minded guy and for some reason that is totally beyond me in every way imaginable, I still look at the mindless drost that they play on the BET, VH1 and MTV sister stations from time to time. Don't get excited though kiddies, I still live the majority of my life hating the shit out of anything that is broadcast on a Viacom subsidiary channel. It is only due to the fact that I view myself as somewhat of a quasi journalist that I venture out into the world of mainstream Hip-Hop on TV and the radio....that and the fact that I still have friends who zone out mindlessly in front of the tube while they absorb their highness....

So, being the "open" guy that I am, I was flipping through the channels the other day when I caught Jada's latest effort "Can't Stop Me"....I was taken at how Kiss was able to push through a truly ill song as his first single....The overall scenery of the vid was okay I guess....Looked kinda like it was shot in L.A. (the Chicano and Asian street racing extras gave it away), which is cool for Kiss of course, but I wish he woulda done this one back home in NYC....that woulda been big for New York......The imagery still is knee deep in all the Hip-Hop stereotypes; cars, girls, jewelry and so on but they don't over power the music....a solid effort on Jada's part that I think is appealing to both the underground and mainstream heads....way to go Kiss...

-BIG D O

No comments:

Labels