Thursday, September 23, 2010

News: Lyfe Jennings Sentenced To Three And A Half Years In Jail



In an unfortunate, but albeit predictable turn of events highly talented R&B crooner Lyfe Jennings was sentenced to serve 3 and a half years in Jail in an Atlanta court yesterday. The sentence came down after an incident in 2008 when Lyfe discharged a firearm and evaded police after a wild domestic dispute. Due to the fact that Lyfe was already an ex-convict who served a decade behind bars I'm sure the final punishment was a lil' heavier...

Kinda sad to see this...Lyfe was one of the newer R&B cats that I could actually stomach and didn't come off like a simp...plenty of his works were tremendously inspirational and artistically heady. It's a downright shame he's going back in. Hopefully he stays positive somehow and we'll hear (literally) from him sometime in 2014...

Here's some parting words he left via Twitter:

This will be my last post. To everyone who gave me a chance I am forever in your debt. I have had a fabulous career because of you. All I can say in parting is that I have been honest with yaw. I didn’t sugarcoat a word didn’t hold back a single syllable of my life from yaw. I’ve lived a hundred lives in these 6 yrs so I not only won’t, i don’t have the right to complain. I would like to think that I’ve changed lives by changing my own, tho I can’t be sure. But one thing I am sure of is God gives and takes away in measure. He is fair, just and forever. Amen from aman… Smile, its contagious:)


Humble words...I've no doubt he can handle this...do the time, don't let the time do you homeboy...See ya in a few.

-BIG D O

No comments:

Labels