Tuesday, June 16, 2009

News: Blame One Ends His Rap Career



San Diego based and longtime underground Hip-Hop artist Blame One recently announced via his Myspace page that he would no longer pursue a career in rap.

The veteran wordsmith who has released four official solo LP's, collaborated heavily with the left coast's best and who has been representing Daygo professionally since 1998 commented on his recent decision:

"I feel very content with the work I have released, especially my last two albums. I feel that its time for me to try my hand at a new venture. I never set out to rhyme to reach stardom, only for my words to be effective in reaching others. I feel that I have accomplished that."

While Blame hinted that he wasn't totally finished performing onstage here and there, the father of two did state that at the end of this month he would no longer be "writing raps, recording, doing collabs or shows....just to be clear".

This news comes as somewhat of a surprise to this blogger, considering the great reception that his latest LP "Days Chasing Days" generated on the web....Either way I respect his decision and wish him well in whatever new endeavors he may choose to take on.....

If you wanna peep out Blame's entire statement check out the link:
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=93680922&blogId=494166141

-BIG D O

No comments:

Labels