Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Video: Cubic Zirconia - Fuck Work



This vid right here is my anthem at the moment....I don't know if that's revolutionary or just scary at this point, but we'll see...lol, I'm glad I'm only 24 and out of work and not like 32 with a family I need to support or somethin'...In any case, lemme introduce you guys to the genre defying and post Trip-Hop, Acid infused group of Cubic Zirconia. The four person collective belongs to the tiny Brooklyn, NYC label The Savant Gaurd and this is their official video for their debut single "Fuck Work" that you'll be able to find in ya record stores, digital and physical, on the 22nd of this month....

Now I realize a lot of you kids come through here strictly for the choice Hip-Hop nuggs, but by now if your a regular you've gotta be noticing that I'm sneaking in a alternative post here and there.....That's my way of baby feeding you the good stuff....Don't worry, just like those black eyed peas moms used to shovel down ya throat as a kid, these helpings will prove beneficial to you down the line....Lets face it Hip-Hop has divided into so many dope new genres now, I think I owe my readers a dose of that variety from tiempo to tiempo....Sooo, here you are, a group that dwells in many musical zones and is all about raw expression....Directed by Nancy Mitchell this vid is laced with something refreshingly 1990 and alternative.....Dope choreography and symbolism accompany an eccentrically lighted production....

-BIG D O

No comments:

Labels