Friday, June 19, 2009

Video: The Alchemist & OhNo (Gangrene) - Under SIege



"Under Siege" is the cleverly shot new vid from Gangrene (AKA L.A. Hip-Hopper's Alchemist and OhNo), off of the Alchemist's new LP "Chemical Warfare", that's currently set to drop on July 7th....

Making use of mounds of old news video's that covered the L.A. riots Al and OhNo super impose their bodies onto the chaotic footage that took place back in the 90's and left L.A. with the reputation as America's number one, for real, don't give a fuck city....I think that title was wrangled away from them a short time later by Baltimore or D.C., I can't remember but I digress.....

Despite perhaps being in a lil' bit of bad taste, Al and OhNo do manage to add a lil' bit of artistic levity to the otherwise just plainly horrific and stereotyped stock footage. I do realize that maybe a few people that lost their businesses, property and maybe even loved ones in the riots might not at all find "Under Siege" in the least bit entertaining or laughable though.....My mother actually fled L.A. after the Watts riots so believe me I understand the sensitivity toward the video and I want people to understand that....I doubt that Ohno and Al are trying to ruffle anyone's feathers deliberately, and even if they did I doubt they'd give a shit, they're artist's, so just keep that in mind before you go writing letters or tweets or making snide lil' comments or whatever it is you kids do now....Gangrene is just showing people the conditions that they grew up around and saw everyday back then, and adding their music....No harm done...right?

-BIG D O

No comments:

Labels