Monday, October 18, 2010

Interest Piece: Erykah Badu Comments On The State Of The Game


















New comments from the empress of Hip-Hop Soul AKA Erykah Badu have surfaced recently and the artist has some pretty choice thoughts about how she feels about the direction the game is taking today musically.

You may not totally agree with Ms. Badu, and you may not think that she possesses much wisdom...fine, I DO however, and I think her words in this interview are deftly important for not only the new generation of rap to hear, but also for the older heads who just let the shit continue to devolve...Save your culture damn nabbit! All Techno fans that run through PHH, LOL, no disrespect meant...

via Underground Charizma

-BIG D O


Badu: How y’all gone stand by and let our music turn into pop techno cornball ass music. We don’t own our music no more. Come to think of it, did we EVER own it? when I say own our music , I’m not talkin bout the artist I’m talkin bout the people … let me be quiet. I wanna hear from the young people? easy for me to complain about this techno-pop cause i have a taste for something else. but how do u feel? These rappers ought to be shame of they damn selves, I’m talkin bout the mc’ s rappin over this pop techno music. I believe in pimpin the system but got DAMN! not like this #pop-technosongs

Read The Rest Here

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Man is she right Hip Pop is pure garbage.

Labels