Monday, April 20, 2009

Daru & Rena - Producer's Luv Tribute EP



Tribute projects are usually pretty tricky, but this brother/sister combo proves that keeping it all in the family is a good way to add that lil' bit of chemistry needed to pay the proper homage to a host of all-time greats.

Handling the beats on the "Producer's Luv Tribute" is none other than Daru Jones and the sultry singing comes courtesy of his uber talented sis Rena. I really appreciate this EP man.......These two actually did a timeless job emulating their respective tributary's, something that is attempted time and again, and even by cats that have been n the game longer, but often is a target missed badly...If you don't believe me when I say that that these two churned out a memorable classic listen to the Dilla, 9th Wonder and Pete Rock tracks....Immense, just immense.....These two make a wonderful team and I'm scrambling, trying to download all of their free, older material as we speak....Their output on this EP should be hailed as nothing short of classic....I'm serious, I haven't heard a more effective tandem at bringing real Hip-Hop to the forefront in quite awhile. It's so insane too because they don't really incorporate rapping in their joints, yet your reeled in with their affecting sound.

Rena's voice is sincerely Hip-Hop. I really loved when she broke it down on the "Findaway" joint dedicated to Preme and started humming over the drum track solo.....masterful shit........I've already bumped this EP a few times and basically I'm now nominating it as one of the best of the year....

The siblings that hail from Michigan, but now call the big apple home (I think) are gloriously talented and true vessels of heady music and vocalization. In short, they give me hope....Please do yaself a favor and go grab "Producer's Luv Tribute"....

If you check this EP out and dig it tuff as I did, run over to Rena's MS (http://www.myspace.com/renasongs) and you can download a host of Her and Daru's older mixtape's, mixes and my favorite; a couple of Daru's beat tapes that are extra inspiring, all completely gratis.....Real Hip-Hop!!!

-BIG D O








01 intro
02 your there dilla pt4
03 turn it on pete rock pt4
04 take your hand nicolay pt4
05 feel the love 9th wonder pt4
06 lonely nights roots pt4
07 findaway dj premier & daru pt3
08 take your hand dilla & daru part5
09 outro

http://www.divshare.com/download/6820357-6f6

No comments:

Labels