Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Single: Nas - I Have To



Man, I couldn't be happier as I logged on the the interwebz tonite....I don't care if you youngin's think I'm corny, or if you old heads are hatin on him now, nothing gets me amp'd like a new joint from Nas.....over 15 years has passed since I first started bumpin' Nasir's shit and while I'll admit there has been some misses along the way, the bulk of his catalog is overtly ill....he's one of my generation's true GOAT's.

This is his new joint "I Have To", that sports a dope reworking of a violin sample, dope, minimalistic drums and Nas in rare form rhyming....I mean seriously, I haven't heard him just kick some shit in this smorgasbord manner in quite awhile.....Good to hear he's still got that raw shit for his fans from the 90's while we all await his new collabo project with Damien Marley.....

-BIG D O




No comments:

Labels