Thursday, April 2, 2009

Video: NYoil - Hip-Hop Told Me


NYOIL - Hip Hop Told me (50 cent Cover "Tia Told Me") from NYOIL on Vimeo.

While I hope many of you aren't familiar with this beat's original artist, *cough* Curtis *cough*, I have no illusions that most of you will indeed recognize this beat from 50's "Tia Told Me" song....lol, I'm still trying to somehow regain the 3 or so minutes of my life back from when I heard it.....Always the man willing to put his beliefs on center stage, NYoil has stepped up and decided to take a worthy instrumental and flip it into a concept song/video that is comical and true. Taking no prisoners NYoil puts the majority of the wack, mainstream rappers in his crosshairs while appealing to the woman we all have done wrong, Hip-Hop. Love the video and love how they used The Marvelous Misadventures Of Flapjack as the imagery....

-BIG D O

No comments:

Labels