Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Luck One & Dekk - Beautiful Music



Emcee Luck One and producer Dekk have released a pretty dope album that I think truly does symbolize the duo's potential for staying power in the Indie Underground scene. Hailing from Portland, Oregon, the two's music is perfectly paired; Luck kicks realistic rhymes that blend well with Dekk's synthy and diverse production.

Whether gettin melancholy and reflective on the slowed down "Coulda Been Me" or inversing that formula on the atmospheric "When I Forget" the chemistry the two share is present throughout most of their 7 track debut "Beautiful Music". I really enjoyed the incorporation of a sultry chorus singer on a lot of the tracks...whoever shorty is she has a voice and it mirrors the first word of this LP's title. "The Coolax" definitely reminds me of something that we would find Lupe Fiasco doing........don't know if he was an inspiration for that joint, but his spirit definitely shined through. "80's Back" is a fun joint that sends all the 70's kids back in time to when they were 15 yrs. old and Hip-Hop culture was just beginning to take over.

Dekk's production debut on "Beautiful Music" overall gets a B, but the short tracklist and the somewhat repeated keyboard synth themes kind of take away from what otherwise could have been a completely enjoyable lil' effort. Whether I'll reach for this CD when I wanna bump something new in the whip is still a mystery, but I know I will re-visit this next time I'm out in Stump Town. The cuts I did mention were definitely worthy....

shouts out to my older sis Dani in Portland!

-BIG D O









01. 03:49 80s Back
02. 04:32 The Coolax
03. 04:38 Prince Wit A Thousand
04. 04:03 Could've Been Me Ft Randa Smith
05. 04:10 5 Back At Long Last Ft Immaculate
06. 05:35 Road To Destiny Ft Immaculate
07. 04:44 When I Forget Ft Nafisaria

http://rapidshare.com/files/217288722/Luck_One_and_Dekk-Beautiful_Music-2009-FTD.zip

No comments:

Labels