Saturday, February 7, 2009

Apathy - Liner Notes Radio Show 2/3/09




This might be a first for me, I can't really remember, but this is one of the rare times I've uploaded a radio show set. Kinda unusual because I'm a huge fan of those old WKCR shows that are all over the net now. Big shouts to Bobbito and Stretch too, you guys are fuckin legends and a big reason why I wasted 2 years at community college holding down a radio booth at 2 AM....sadly, they forbid me playin any Hip-Hop though....fuckin program directors....

Anywho....This particular radio set is the "Liner Notes Show" that went down about a week ago and is basically a 2 hour set that finds our boy Apathy chillin' out playin some joints with his boys Chum The Skrilla Guerilla and Ben Shaik. Accompanying all the dope music are brief breaks when Ap and Chum give us a few tidbits about the making of some of your fav. Apathy, Doe Rakers and Demigodz tracks and hilarious behind the scenes info. Really a great effort right here, kinda makes me wish I was still back in that stuffy, stinky ass college radio station studio introducing a corny ass Don Ho record, reciting those bullshit call letters or maybe sneaking on a Hip-Hop record or two......lol, the good ole' days.....

I admit I'm a newer fan of Apathy's and I wasn't super familiar with everything on this, but overall I kinda surprised myself wit the joints I did know. In the end I just wanna applaud all these cats for taking the time to run through all these classic joints and say a few things about em' for all their hardcore and novice fans alike to soak up. Another dope feature of this mix is when Celph Titled, The Rubix Cuban himself calls in and shares a few stories, lol, the most hilarious being about how close Ap and him came to being on the soundtrack to the second Fast And The Furious movie.

To cap things off I wanna say my favorite joint on this whole 2 hour mix is Apathy's "The Winter" (and the 12 yr. old "Sure Shot Affair" joint)....Own that ["The Winter"] on vinyl and still let it rock on the Technics quite a bit.....lol, the radio station I worked at in college didn't play any Hip-Hop, but as anyone that's ever been around or worked at a station knows, the records and CD's get mailed in by the truckload......needless to say I gainfully and routinely capitalized on their ignorance.

-BIG D O









http://welcometoassholeville.podomatic.com/enclosure/2009-02-05T19_53_48-08_00.mp3

No comments:

Labels