Thursday, February 19, 2009

Cut Chemist - Def Beat Remixes Vol.7



As I woke up today to the gentle hum of my TV that sits perched at the foot of my bed and saw President Obama answering questions alongside the Canadian Prime Minister via CNN, I paused for a moment....then it came to me....Up some Cut Chemist for the ole' blogorooni today....don't ask me why or how it came to me, it just did friends. So going with my gut instinct and ignoring those overwhelming impulses to put up the new Havoc or B-Real albums (sorry ya'll, I gotta let those bruthas get they money) I am digging in the proverbial crates to bring y'all one of Cut Chemist's illest drops ever....well, to me at least...

Now I'll admit right off, I'm not super familiar with all things Cut Chemist....I have a decent knowledge of what he's done in his career so far and I definitely know a few geeky facts like how he just recently had a very under the radar cameo in the motion picture "Juno" as a chemistry teacher, but yeah, for the most part I'm not a Cut Chemist biographer or anything....I do know that Cut is an excellent DJ and master of turntablism who dropped a myriad of dope mixtapes (real mixtapes) in the mid and late 90's, many of which I still bump on the regular ("The Diabolical" anyone??). I'm not sure who precisely the Def Beat folks were, but I know that they were behind the dope "Def Beat Remixes" series that have been coming out for awhile now. The previous Def Beat Remixes LP's featured names like Kid Koala, Cold Cut, Magic Mike, LCD Soundsystem, Men From U.N.K.L.E and DJ Krush. They selected Cut to take the reigns for the 7th edition and in my opinion, he shined more so than any of the previous names mentioned with his set...

"Def Beat Remixes Vol.7" was a double Vinyl LP pressing that featured Cut mixing and scratching of course, but it was a lil' more unique than his previous stuff because it also featured his remixing talents, something that he is mad slept-on for. Throwing in some of his rarer guest appearances as well, this is a straight gem people. If you haven't heard it than you need to peep it out....not sure if this is the special edition with the four bonus cuts at the end, but hey life's an adventure kiddies, download and find out for yaselves....

-BIG D O








01. Cut Chemist Meets Shortkut - Cak CA Ba Ba
02. DJ Shadow - The Number Song (Cut Chemist Remix)
03. Drums Of Fire
04. Motherlude feat. Biz Markie
05. Lyrics Born - Do That There
06. Beastie Boys - Sure Shot (Cut Chemist Remix)
07. Biggety Balls
08. Back From The Dead
09. Ugly Duckling - Eye On The Gold Chain (Cut Chemist Remix)
10. Cut Chemist Meets Shortkut - Are You Ready?
11. Abstract Hip Hop
12. Major Force - The Re-Return Of The Original Artform
13. Blackalicious - Alphabet Aerobics (The Cut Chemist 2.5 Minute Workout)
14. Flight Of The Bumblebee

http://rapidshare.com/files/149868680/CutChemist.zip.html

No comments:

Labels