Friday, February 20, 2009

Single - Havoc feat. Prodigy - On A Mission



Ill new Mobb yo!! Damn, it seems like I been waitin forever to say that phrase again man. Okay, okay, I'll back off a lil' bit....I know that before he started serving his prison sentence Prodigy was really startin to beast, releasing some heavy shit that included that more than decent "H.N.I.C. Pt. 2" album and Havoc has been sorta gettin down on the production tip, remaining one of the more sought after beatsmiths outta NYC after all these years. Still though, Hav and P haven't really linked up for anything too too meaningful as of late and the last time they went in together in bulk was for that G-Unit album that almost successfully destroyed a third of their fanbase. LOL, kids were so mad when they signed with 50 man....was callin' in to Hot 97 and insulting the Mobb, lol.....In all seriousness though, I am one of those cats that grew up bumping Mobb Deep albums while gulping down 40 Oz's and rolling blunts in my Avirex, Guess jeans and Timberlands so it was kinda tough seeing their music dwindle these past few years......

There seems to be a lil' bit of light at the end of the tunnel however as the two Queensbridge vets link up for "On A Mission", a nice hardcore cut from Hav's new album "The Hidden Files", an LP which I refuse to put up just for the sake of being like every other muthafuckin' blogger out there....

This is probably an older joint that was just unreleased for a time, but whatever, it's new to me and got damnit I think it's somethin' that Mobb purists should check for. Hav handles the beat work and while it's not top notch, 1995 thru 1998 Mobb shit, there are enough grimed out one-liners to help me keep hope alive that one day Hav and Prodigy will return to their glorious form of yesteryear....

-BIG D O









http://www.zshare.net/audio/55793001b99f3dde/

No comments:

Labels