Monday, February 23, 2009

New Singles: Dr. Dre & T.I., Big Pooh & Talib Kweli

As stated earlier, it's Monday and I'm totally procrastinating about my future and finding a new gig....the economy in my city ain't helping much either, but I could be a bit more proactive I guess. Either way that's bad news for my wallet but good news for all my loyal blog readers and my own side ventures in music production, but I'll let ya'll in on that whole shin dig another day....

Right now lets get into a platoon post! Here I'm giving you guys a triple pack power punch of new singles that have made their way onto all the really notable Hip-Hop blogs and forums....


T.I. feat. Kobe "This Is Detox" (prod. by Dr. Dre)



First we have yet another rumored track leak off of Detox in "This is Detox (I Am Hip-Hop)", a new cut that features T.I. again rocking over some pretty insane Dr. Dre production only a few days after "Topless" a highly bumpable and IMO superior track from Dre leaked on the net as well....."This Is Detox" features new comer Kobe handling chorus duties and overall I like this, but I'm still ridin' with "Topless" as the better look...

-BIG D O


http://www.zshare.net/audio/56006908b650719c/





Rapper Big Pooh - "Radio"


Next, we have a new banger from Rapper Big Pooh off his upcoming LP "Delightful Bars" that is the personification of heady Hip-Hop commentary. Pooh attacks the current state of Hip-Hop and Urban radio and lets people know that he still has respect for those DJ's that continue the grind out of love, but also makes no bones about his disdain for the pre-programmed new era that has been ushered in as the norm. Great production and a dope concept makes this somethin that is worthy of immediate burnage and bumpage.

-BIG D O


http://www.soulassassins.com/MP3/rapperbigpooh-radio.mp3






Talib Kweli - "My Favorite Song" (prod. by Statik Selektah)


Lastly, It's time for some new flavor from Talib, someone who's been flying a lil' under the radar lately as a solo artist....Grabbing another loose joint that's leaked from the "Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost & Damned" soundtrack, I give you a straight banger in "My Favorite Song", a new, laid back theme-based track that doesn't come off corny or forced. Statik Selektah's crispy production once again damn near steals the show, but Talib pulls out some witty lines to keep the vicious crack of the head-nodding snare and hazy sample work at bay.....ripped from Premier's radio show...high quality....

-BIG D O


http://www.zshare.net/audio/55670758395c8217/

No comments:

Labels