Sunday, February 8, 2009

News/Video: Saigon and Statik Selektah Complete An Album In 24 Hours?!?!



There you go people....Selektah and Sai-Giddy completed a whole album in 24 hours, assisted only by two random guys, one bottle of Heineken, two bottles of Cognac and a whole bunch of Nike Boxes on top of some records.....

I really hope they put this out yo...I'm a fan of Selektah's production and Saigon's rhymes so this is big news for cats like me....I've heard that the single for this album that I guess their callin "All In A Day's Work", is droppin on Monday....*crosses fingers*

You know, as I sit here and come down from the high that is word of new music comin' from Selektah and Saigon, I am beginning to wonder if the "24 hour LP" is something that we wanna promote too tough....lol, I mean, I just wonder if that's a trend that we want lesser talented/driven cats trying to emulate...and they will try to emulate it....The digital age is just making stuff like this too possible....you can collaborate from anywhere in the world, you can record professional standard vocals from ya crib and you can distribute your work across the web at the click of a button.....It's like the game is on steroids, minus the noticeably better results. Seems like there just ain't that many true talents that have found a way to use the extra edge to become superstars. Wonder what Big or Pac would've thought.....at any rate, here's the video confirmation...a whole album, lol and you was catchin zzzzzz, workin' and walking ya dog...

-BIG D O

No comments:

Labels