Sunday, February 1, 2009

HipHopGiant Presents The G4 Sessions



Ever since the Basement started fallin' off in the early 2K's many people have searched far and wide on TV, blogs and websites for something similar to fill the void. An authentic source to check out their favorite hardcore emcee's kickin rhymes live in the booth. Now I've heard that BET put on a replacement show in the wake of The Basement's recent and long overdue cancellation called "The Deal" or somethin' that has a freestyle session on it, but as we all have come to know, avoiding BET as a whole these days probably isn't such a bad idea.....I mean no offense to you if you enjoy their programming, but personally, If I wanna see shitty ass, old MTV reality shows revamped for minorities and talentless hosts destroy something that was once great then I'll.....well, I won't do anything, except avoid your channel like a co-ed with the clap. Yes Viacom, that is a fuckin swipe at your mega corporation and all three of your shitty ass channels....but, I digress....

Seeing as how I'd like to think plenty of folks that visit my blog also share my taste in Hip-Hop and would like to know where I'm gettin my fix for my live Freestyle jonesin', I think this post is necessary.

So one day, on some random blog (can't remember which) I discovered G4TV.com had a Web Show series called "Freestyle 101". I went over to G4TV.com to investigate. At first I was skeptical about clicking on one of the video links, even after I saw that a rapper I usually check for was featured in the particular episode. This hesitation came mainly because, well.... with the exception of Olivia Munn I really don't care much for anything on the actual G4TV channel and being that most websites for TV channels are just extensions of the particular channel's programming, well, I wasn't too hopeful. I just didn't expect them to show real Hip-Hop any love, and if they did I didn't expect them to be gettin down with and featuring dope Hip-Hop acts from both yesteryear and today. I would come to discover that I was colossally wrong.

After some minor deliberation I ended up clicking on one of the vids and what followed was indeed what I had been searching for. Each vid featured an artist or group just doin' their thing in the studio and either debuting a brand new, exclusive track or lacing a freestyle over an original beat. Usually there is also a pretty dope interview segment included as well. In short, It's a damn good show that is dedicated to bringing real heads an intimate look into how their favorite emcee's get down and which up and coming new artists you should be checkin' for. I've always wanted to put up the "Freestyle 101" vid's on Purehip-hop, but for some reason the embedding codes from their site aren't really that compatible with my blog.....something that I humbly request the good folks over at G4TV.com might consider looking at in the future....

At any rate, I know many of you might wanna shoot over to G4's site and check out those vid's wit the swiftness, and I encourage that 100%, but if any of you sorta want to catch up on what you've missed already first, this right here is for you....

Thanks to one of the better bloggers out there, we have a healthy collection of many of the older G4 freestyles in a perfect little microcosm. Boasting the rawest talent out there today this compilation showcases Termanology, Sean Price, Sav Killz, Large Pro, Supernatural, Trife, Joell Ortiz, Planet Asia and many others straight ripping down their respective booth sessions. The list of emcee's here is incredible and I wanna just say thanks again to HHG for puttin this together. I know ripping the vids and converting them to audio files was probably tedious as shit, but it was sorely needed my brutha and you did it right. I also wanna thank all the heads over at G4TV.com for creating such a dope show, that is dedicated to real Hip-Hop artists and debuting new talent that needs to be heard. Clocking in at 79 minutes, this compilation of ill moments from "Freestyle 101" is definitely worth that spare CD-R you got laying around ya computer desk.

-BIG D O







01 Ali Vegas
02 Big Noyd
03 Buckshot
04 Cappadonna
05 Cormega
06 Fat Joe
07 Guru
08 T.H.U.G. Angels(Hell Razah & Shabazz The Disciple)
09 Heltah Skeltah
10 Ice T
11 Immortal Technique
12 Joell Ortiz
13 Killah Priest
14 Killa Sha
15 Large Professor
16 Lil Fame
17 Papoose
18 Planet Asia
19 Prodigy Sunn
20 Prodigy
21 Rass Kass
22 Sav Killz
23 Sean Price
24 Sheek Louch & Bully
25 Shyheim & Illy Ale
26 Smoothe Da Hustler, Trigga The Gambler & D.V. Alias Khrist
27 Sticky Fingaz
28 Supernatural
29 Termanology
30 Trife Da God
31 Planet Asia Part 2

http://rapidshare.com/files/190898999/The_G4_Sessions_HipHopGiant.Blogspot.com.rar

Password:
hiphopgiant.blogspot.com

No comments:

Labels